Many jobs often require you to work long hours and can take a toll on our health. When we sit or stand for long periods of time, it's hard on our body. Nurses know this struggle well. After a shift of constantly being on their feet, it's no surprise that their legs hurt. But nurses know how to fight the pain with a secret weapon - compression socks! Here are some nurse-approved favorites:
Sockwell Compression Socks
Sockwell compression socks come in a large variety of colors and patterns, and provide therapeutic compression to prevent fatigue and swelling while to energizing legs. These breathable socks are made with a soft, Merino wool fabric that is naturally thermoregulating to keep your legs cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. Merino wool is also antibacterial, moisture-wicking and blister-proof so your feet are always dry and healthy. Sockwell compression socks feature a lightly cushioned sole to keep your feet comfortable, even after a long shift. These socks provide 15-20 or 20-30 mmHg of graduated compression to prevent varicose veins and blood clots while traveling.
Why Wear Sockwell?
- Comfortable in any weather: Thermoregulating and moisture-wicking
- Protection: Antibacterial, blister-proof and durable
- Sensitive-feet approved: Lightly cushioned sole and seamless toe inclosure
- Take-your-pick variety: Large selection of colors and patterns for men and women
- Preventive: Reduce swelling, fatigue, blood clots and varicose veins
- Choose your style: compression socks or leg sleeves
Vim & Vigr Compression Socks
Another great choice for nurses is VIM & VIGR compression socks. Known for their fashionable style, these comfortable socks are designed for everyday wear. Choose from wool, cotton or nylon socks in classic stripes, polka dots and argyle patterns. These cute compression socks feature a contoured leg and heel for a great fit, plus a roomy toe pocket so your toes aren't constricted. It's not always easy to find stylish socks that fit a large calf, but rest assured, Vim & Vigr has you covered. Wide calf sizing is available in a few styles. These socks are great to wear everyday, while traveling or exercising to prevent fatigue and swelling. Vim & Vigr is also a great choice for expecting moms! Select styles are now available in two compression levels.
Why Wear Vim & Vigr?
- Fashionista-approved: Available in the hottest patterns and colors
- The perfect fit: Contoured leg and heel, plus wide calf options for larger legs
- Take your pick of fabric: Cotton, wool and nylon in many styles
- Healthy legs: Energize legs while preventing swelling, blood clots and fatigue
- Compression for everyone: Designed for men & women in 15-20 & 20-30 mmHg
- Baby bump friendly: Great to prevent cankles and varicose veins
To get rid of that tired, achy feeling in your legs and feet at the end of the day socks that provide 15-20 mmHg compression are ideal. This level of compression is perfect to wear everyday, while traveling or after exercising to speed up muscle recovery. 15-20 mmHg of compression helps to prevent blood clots as well as spider and varicose veins. If your legs are swollen at the end of the day from sitting or standing for long periods of time, compression socks can help ease the pain.